What are Hamstrings?
The hamstrings are a group of four muscles that run along the back of your thigh. They allow you to bend your leg at the knee.
Symptoms of Strained Hamstrings: Pain in the front of the thigh/quadricep muscles that can range from a mild discomfort to a full blown tear of most of the muscle resulting in severe pain and inability to walk.
What Causes Strained Hamstrings: Hamstring injuries are often due to hamstring or hip flexor inflexibility or abrupt stress on the hamstrings. Sudden sprints or other fast or twisting motions are a major cause of hamstring injuries.
What are Quads?
The quadriceps are a group of four muscles on the front of the upper thigh that work together with the hamstrings (on the back of the upper thigh) to extend and bend the leg.
Symptoms of Strained Quads: Pain in the front of the thigh/quadricep muscles that can range from a mild discomfort to a full blown tear of most of the muscle resulting in severe pain and inability to walk.
What Causes Strained Quads: Quadriceps muscles are most often strained when an athlete is trying to accelerate. The quadriceps muscles are placed under more force than they can withstand, and the muscle fibers, tendons, or both begin to tear away from the bone. When the muscles are fatigued, overused, or not adequately warmed up, they’re more susceptible to strain. An imbalance between weak quadriceps and stronger hamstrings can also cause the injury, a condition that is common among runners. Tight quads can also cause the same problem.
What works for Strained Quads & Hamstrings: Cho-Pat Thigh Compression Sleeve
Why it Works: Cho-Pat’s Thigh Compression Sleeve combines warmth, compression, and reinforcement to help reduce pain and discomfort in the thigh and enhance healing. It helps to maintain body warmth, improve blood circulation, and give support to the thigh – all of which play a role in recovery.
TIGHT HAMSTRINGS Relief in
When you’re in pain, what you really want is relief. In order to keep that pain at bay or eliminate it all together, what you need is long-term healing. Collaborating with medical professionals Medi-Dyne has developed 2Steps Solutions.providing both
1) Immediate relief & 2) Long-term healing.
STEP 1: Immediate Relief
Moisture-wicking, light-weight sleeve supports your thigh, IT band, hamstrings, and quads.
- Stabilizes and provides support to the hamstrings, IT band, and quad muscles.
- Promotes circulation and warmth which controls fluid build-up and enhances healing.
- Custom material is breathable and facilitates the movement of moisture away from the skin.
STEP 2: Long Term Healing
Originally developed for physical therapists, CoreStretch:
- Uses the body’s natural traction to achieve safe, effective stretches.
- Delivers a variety of key stretches to activate the entire interconnected chain of core muscles (hamstrings, lower back, hips, piriformis, and glutes) in order to alleviate muscle compensation and further injury.
- Delivers optimal stretching for 3 levels of fitness that can be used in seated, standing, or floor positions.
Innovative, multi-layer therapy tool.
- Enables massaging of both outer and inner layers of muscle and connective tissue with Exclusive Trigger Treads™ .
- Increases circulation, relieves knots, warms muscles, eliminates scar tissue, and improves overall performance.
- Extra Large length allows you to massage hard to reach areas of your lower back, glutes, and hamstrings.
BUY 2STEPS SOLUTIONS AND SAVE 15%
Save 15% when you buy the 2Steps Advanced Hamstring/Quad Solution