What is Jumper’s Knee?
Jumper’s Knee (patellar tendonopathy, patellar tendonitis) commonly occurs in individuals who are involved in sports in which they run and jump (basketball, dance) but can also occur in participants in activities with repetitive kicking, jumping, and landing (soccer, dance, martial arts).
Symptoms of Jumper’s Knee: Painful inflammation of the tendon usually above the kneecap.
Causes of Jumper’s Knee: The causes remain unclear. Originally thought to be a tendonitis, more recent research show that a greater mechanical and tension load is born by the front side fibers of the patellar or kneecap which produces the typical symptoms and physical exam findings.
Jumper’s Knee Pain Solution in
When you’re in pain, what you really want is relief. In order to keep that pain at bay or eliminate it all together, what you need is long-term healing.Collaborating with medical professionals Medi-Dyne has developed 2Steps Solutions. Solutions which provide 1) Immediate relief & 2) Long-term healing.
1) Immediate Relief
- Cho-Pat Dual Action Knee Strap
- Patented strap provides an extra dimension of relief for painful and weekend knees.
- Delivers Dynamic Pain Diffusion™ for surrounding areas of the knee to absorb and diffuse stress while allowing for full mobility
- Improves patellar tracking and stabilizes the patellar tendon below the kneecap.
- Strengthens he kneecap mechanism and reduces the forces of the quadriceps on the patella tendon.
- Reduces erosion of the undersurface of the kneecap due to a possible misalignment of the quadriceps.
- Cho-Pat Dynamic Knee Compression Sleeve
2) Long Term Healing
Stretching exercises targeting the gluteus medius, piriformis, hamstrings and quads will help to ensure flexiblity along the lower body.
- The patented StretchRite system features a non-elastic strap which makes it easy to perform each stretch properly and effectively
- Six ergonomically-shaped handgrips offer a comfortable, non-cinching hold and make it simple to adjust tension during the stretch.
- The handgrips also serve as visual feedback helping athletes safely stretch and monitor their progress.
- On-line videos provide stretching routines to make stretching fun and easy.
Massage and myofacial release can often relieve muscle tension and create tissue mobility contributing significantly towards increasing flexibility.
- Massage stick with “Trigger Treads”™ for increasing circulation
- Unique design allows you to use both the Trigger Treads and the end of the RangeRoller handle for releasing trigger points.
- For increased flexibility, circulation, and performance consider massaging:
- TFL (at the bending point of the hip)
- Calf muscles (Gastroc & Soleus)
BUY 2STEPS SOLUTIONS AND SAVE
Essential Jumper’s Knee 2Steps Solution at a 10% Discount
Always consult with your medical professional as to the cause of your discomfort.