What is Iliotibial Band Syndrome (ITBS) / IT Band Pain?
lliotibial band syndrome is one of the leading causes of pain in runners. IT band pain is felt at the outer part of the knee where the IT band crosses the knee joint. Causes can include atypical hip or knee mechanics. Inflammation of the Iliotibial Band. A thick band of fibrous tissue that runs down the outside of the leg. The iliotibial band begins at the hip and extends to the outer side of the shin bone (tibia) just below the knee joint. The band functions in coordination with several of the thigh muscles to provide stability to the outside of the knee joint.
Symptoms of IT Band Pain: Movement of the knee joint becomes painful.
What Causes IT Band Pain : People who suddenly increase their level of activity, such as runners who increase their mileage, often develop iliotibial band syndrome. Others who are prone to ITBS include individuals with mechanical problems of their gait such as people who overpronate, have leg length discrepancies, or are bow-legged.
What works for IT Band Pain : Cho-Pat Iliotibial Band (ITB) Strap
Why it Works: The Cho-Pat ITB Strap is a simple form of treatment that enables the user to continue normal activities with little or no discomfort.
ITBS Relief in
When you’re in pain, what you really want is relief. In order to keep that pain at bay or eliminate it all together, what you need is long-term healing. Collaborating with medical professionals Medi-Dyne has developed 2Steps Solutions. Solutions providing both 1) Immediate relief & 2) Long-term healing.
STEP 1: Immediate Relief
Comfortable I.T.B. strap stays in place to deliver effective relief.
- Delivers Dynamic Pain Diffusion™ to absorb and diffuse stress.
- Compresses and stabilizes muscles and ligaments to help prevent the snapping or friction of the IT band over the bone allowing the healing process to begin.
- Non-cinching material provides comfortable support even when flexing
STEP 2: Long Term Healing
Originally developed for physical therapists, CoreStretch:
- Uses the body’s natural traction to achieve safe, effective stretches.
- Delivers a variety of key stretches to activate the entire interconnected chain of core muscles (hamstrings, lower back, hips, piriformis, and glutes) in order to alleviate msucle compensation and further injury.
- Delivers optimal stretching for 3 levels of fitness that can be used in seated, standing or floor positions.
Innovative, multi-layer therapy tool.
- Enables massaging of both outer and inner layers of muscle and connective tissue with Exclusive Trigger Treads™.
- Increases circulation, relieves knots, warms muscles, eliminates scar tissue, and improves overall performance.
- The RangeRoller Original length delivers medium stiffness in a convenient, portable size.
BUY 2STEPS SOLUTIONS AND SAVE 15%
Consult with your medical professional as to the cause of any discomfort.