What is Osgood Schlatter Disease?
Osgood Schlatter Disease is a painful enlargement of the bump of the shinbone just below the knee. This bump is also called the tibial tuberosity. Most often seen in children between the ages of 10-15 and usually appears during a period of rapid growth.
Symptoms of Osgood Schlatter: Complaint of a painful bump below the kneecap. May see a bony enlargement at the top of the shinbone.
Causes of Osgood Schlatter: It is believed the disease results from the pull of the large powerful muscles in the front of the thigh (called the quadriceps). The quadriceps join with the patellar tendons, which run through the knee and into the tibia, to connect the muscles to the knee. When the quadriceps contract, the patellar tendons can start to pull away from the shinbone, causing pain.
What Works for Osgood Schlatter: Cho-Pat Original Knee Strap
Why It Works: Cho-Pat`s Original Knee Strap is particularly effective because it distributes the direct forces normally applied by the quadriceps muscle to the attachment of the kneecap tendon on the tibia (shinbone).
During the “growing years” chidren’s bones grow much more quickly than their soft tissue (tendons, ligaments & muscles). We often think of the pain that comes as a result of this as “growing paing”. Stretching exercises targeting the glutes, hips, hamstrings, quads and calves will help to elongate tendons, ligaments and muscles – reducing the risk of muscle spasms and injuries as well as ensuring flexiblity along the lower body.
Osgood-Schlatter Relief in
When you’re in pain, what you really want is relief. In order to keep that pain at bay or eliminate it all together, what you need is long-term healing.Collaborating with medical professionals Medi-Dyne has developed 2Steps Solutions. Solutions which provide 1) Immediate relief & 2) Long-term healing.
1) Immediate Relief
- The Original Knee Strap stabilizes and tightens the kneecap mechanism.
- Reduces pain and discomfort. Increasing mobility during activity.
- Applies pressure upon the patellar tendon below the kneecap to improve tracking.
- Doctor recommended for over 20 years.
- Provides light-weight support-oriented compression to stabilize knee.
- Compression promotes circulation and reduces inflammation to stimulate healing.
2) Long Term Healing
STRETCH & STRENGTHEN
- The patented StretchRite system features a non-elastic strap which makes it easy to perform each stretch properly and effectively
- Six ergonomically-shaped handgrips offer a comfortable, non-cinching hold and make it simple to adjust tension during the stretch.
- The handgrips also serve as visual feedback helping athletes safely stretch and monitor their progress.
- On-line videos provide stretching routines to make stretching fun and easy.
- Calf and plantar fasciia flexibility are critical to Achilles tendon health and healing.
- Proven effective to provide a deep, gradual stretch that increases flexibility .
- Biomechanically engineered to enable a controlled and targeted stretch.
- Preferred by athletes, trainers, and physical therapists for over 20 years
Massage and myofacial release can often relieve muscle tension and create tissue mobility contributing significantly towards increasing flexibility.
- Massage stick with “Trigger Treads”™ for increasing circulation
- Unique design allows you to use both the Trigger Treads and the end of the RangeRoller handle for releasing trigger points.
- For increased flexibility, circulation, and performance consider massaging:
- TFL (at the bending point of the hip)
- Calf muscles (Gastroc & Soleus)
BUY 2STEPS SOLUTIONS AND SAVE 15%
Always consult with your medical professional as to the cause of your discomfort.